NCNW, Inc. Montgomery County, Maryland Section
- People-in-Crisis: provides food, clothing, school supplies, needed items, and ‘pampering’ to children and families in area shelters throughout the year. Learn more…
- Senior Citizens: provides needed items, companionship, friendship, and special treats for ‘adopted’ nursing home on a regular basis. Assists other seniors as needed.
- Youth/FAME (Females Achievers Maintaining Excellence): provides monthly enrichment, cultural, academic and social activities for girls, ages 13 – 18 years old.
- Education: monitors and keeps the membership informed of educational issues which affect the Black community. Supports students/schools/organizations in approved educational matters.
- Health: provides health-care professionals in a forum to inform the Section and the community about health concerns. Meets as required.
- Publicity: informs the public of the Section’s activities by contacting the media (newspapers, radio, television). Meets as required.
- Membership: develops and implements strategies for recruitment and retention of members. Welcomes new members into the Section.
- Ways and Means: is the core financial segment of the Section. It raises funds by organizing and coordinating two major activities annually; namely, an Afternoon of Music in Spring, and an Inspirational Breakfast in Fall. Proceeds from these fundraising events support and finance the Section’s community activities, special programs, and projects. The Committee also recognizes and presents service awards to individuals in the community, who selflessly demonstrate their passion and desire to nurture and enrich the lives of others.
- Legislative Affairs/By-Laws: informs the Section of pending legislation or issues that would concern African Americans. Urges the community to vote. Reviews and updates the Section’s Bylaws every two years or at the request of the Executive Committee and reports back to the Section membership.
- Newsletter: receives and publishes quarterly articles submitted by committee chairs and members. Reports any noteworthy information to membership. Provides location of Section meetings and pending Section events.
- Finance: maintains an accurate accounting of all monies received and distributed. Makes monthly reports to the Executive Committee and provides reports at the Section’s business meetings. Files mandated IRS reports.
- Hospitality: provides refreshments for Section meetings. Decorates and sets up meeting room. Assists in planning and coordinating special Section meetings.
- Historian: records Section activities and maintains an archive of yearly activities.
- Retreat: determines site of annual Retreat, lodging and meals. Assists in the planning to evaluate the Section’s program year, in developing goals for the new year and creating a calendar of events for the new year. Contacts membership to encourage participation. Meets as required.
- Website: designs, develops and maintains the Section’s website.
- Bethune Legacy/Bethune Recognition: coordinates and implements the Section’s nominees selection process; distributes tickets and collects money in support of the program; act as liaison between Section and National.
- Christmas Program: coordinates within teams to facilitate a holiday program by planning, organizing and executing schedule of activities.